Thursday 11 July 2013

Prime your way, to make your make up stay all day!

So I think there was too many syllables in that title to make it rhyme perfectly, but at least I tried.
In summer time, we're all so busy we need our make up to last all day, but when we're rushing around with no time to touch up, and when the sun is shining down on us, there's no way we can manage that, right!? Wrong.

We're going to talk primers. I am the biggest fan of primers, I will more likely go sans make up if I'm wearing a primer because I find it makes my skin look just that teeny bit better. I haven't yet fallen in love with a face primer, so here are some of the ones I've tested, and my thoughts on them.



1. Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer - This is a new addition to my make up collection, it's a brightening primer and so far I really like it. It's a really light consistency and makes your skin feel super smooth, more so than the other primers, I don't necessarily notice it brightening, but it does make my skin look like it's in soft focus. And you get tonnes of product in the bottle, you'll get bored of it before you run out! RRP £9.99/27ml

2. Beautiful Movements Cosmetics Prime and Create Mixing Medium - what a mouthful. This little see through number didn't particularly work for me as a primer, I find it makes my skin a little greasy. However, it is fantastic mixed with eyeshadow to create cream eyeshadows or blush or eyeliners, you can also mix it with foundation to get a sheerer coverage. RRP £20.00/20g

3. MAC Prep and Prime Skin Base - This has been knocking around in my make up draw for ages, and I have a bit of a love hate relationship with it. I always love how it makes you skin feel, so silky and smooth, I want to touch it all the time! My problem with it though is that it's sparkly. Albeit very fine sparkles, but sparkly all the same, in the winter time this isn't such a problem, but in summer, I step outside and look like a character from Twilight. Definitely an acquired taste this one! RRP £20.50/30ml

4. Benefit Cosmetics That Gal Primer - I think this is up there with my favourites because I can see it makes a difference to your skin. Smother this delightful smelling primer on your face and you get a really pretty glow at the end. It doesn't, however make your skin feel anything special, unlikes the others. Cute packaging though. RRP £22.50/11ml

5. No7 Colour Calming Primer in Green - I think this was my first primer, and I still repurchase it for days when I've over done it in the sun, or mistreated my skin and it's a bit redder than usual. I find it best to squeeze a bit on to my hand, and mix it with my foundation before applying, and this tends to neutralise any redness. RRP £10.50/40ml

What primers do you use? Do you have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sherry Darling's Things | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012