Tuesday 27 August 2013

Move yo' ass - Couch to 5k

Hey y'all,
So I've taken this time off to attempt to sort my life out. In all honesty, this post is going to be a mix of happiness and sadness - because I found it difficult to sort my life out. I realise that I rarely take pleasure in doing anything anymore, and everything that I actively do is all to please someone else and not myself, so then I asked myself what do I want? And I couldn't come up with an answer, I don't know where I want to be in five years, ten years, twenty years, and anything that I did come up with was quickly quelled by the fact that I would never have the funds to do such a thing, or that I'd never have the determination. I have no goals, no aspirations and no determination to stick at anything I would half like to do, what kind of life is that? I'm 21 and I can't dream. 
So I've decided to go back to basics because thinking about this was stressing me out, and as I said in my previous post Learning to be beautiful, I need to make myself happy before anything else.
One thing I decided to kick in the face straight away;
Fitness.
I used to work out quite a lot, but have drifted back in to couch potato mode. Exercising does you so much good that it seemed like a good place to start. I heard about this programme called 'Couch to 5k' run by the NHS, where in 9 weeks, you can get from being a couch potato to running 5k (or solidly for thirty minutes). You download a podcast each week, which you listen to whilst on your run, and they - the NHS people - have created a playlist with the right running tempo, and a lovely woman called Laura who coaches you, whilst you alternate between running and walking. I'm on week two, and so far it's going well. 

So if you're feeling a little blue after summer, maybe this will keep you going through winter, give you something to aspire to! 
You can find everything you need to know about the Couch to 5k here, and you can download the podcasts from iTunes.

All my love

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Lovely greets

    ReplyDelete

 

Sherry Darling's Things | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012