Monday 1 July 2013

Anti Blemish Week - Aspirin and Honey Face Masks

Pinch punch, first of the month!
Today is the official start day of anti blemish week on Sherry Darling's Things. Since it's summer time, we're all looking for ways to spruce up our skin, making it just a tad more pleasing to look at before we dare to bare all.

Yesterday I talked about Seventeen's new On The Spot Foundation which I'm trialling to see if it makes a difference, preventing spots. I just wanted to say, I really love the foundation, I've only used it twice but it wears really well with good build-able coverage.
I also mentioned Aspirin face masks, and ladies and gents - if there are gents, you're in for a treat because that's what I'm going to talk to you about today!
You can give yourself a whole body make over from your kitchen cupboards, which you probably already knew.
This is one of my absolute favourite face masks to make when my skin feels like it needs some TLC, but it's a bit too late in the month for me to splurge on a face mask.
Aspirin and Honey Face Mask:
2 Aspirin
1 tbsp Honey
1 tsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Sugar (Optional)
1. If you have a pestle and mortar ground up the aspirin until it makes a powder. If you don't have a pestle and mortar, use something else, ha. I tend to use the end of a rolling pin and grind it into a small bowl - this works just as well.
2. Add the honey and lemon juice and mix it all together.
3. If you want this face mask to be a little scrubby, add some granulated sugar to it.
4. Slather the mixture all over your face, make double the amount if you want to cover your neck as well, leave for 10-15 minutes.
5. Wash off with warm water and a cloth.
N.B This mask doesn't dry out, so just wash it off when you've had enough.
The aspirin and the lemon juice work together to clear your pores of any bacteria, and the honey ensures your skin stays comfortable and moisturised.
It's a great mask which you can slather all over if you get chest or back spots.
Keep that summer skin coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sherry Darling's Things | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012